Crispy Roasted Chickpeas with a Kick
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
How did you ever live without these scrumptious, crunchy chickpeas? They are packed with protein and make for the perfect grab-and-go snack or side. Be careful, these crisp, little guys are addicting! It's a good thing they are guilt-free and ultra nutritious!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and dried with paper towel
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili garlic oil
- 1 clover garlic, minced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp seasoning slat
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 pinch of black pepper and sea salt each
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the chickpeas on to the baking sheet. Make sure to spread them out, so they are in one flat layer
- Add all of the oil and spices to the chickpeas. Get down and dirty and use your hands to mix everything until all chickpeas are throughly coated.
- Place chickpeas on the middle rack of the oven
- Use tongs to move the chickpeas around half way through the bake time (approximately the 25 minute mark), and then continue cooking for another 25 minutes, until crisp.
- Eat as a quick snack, as a yummy side dish, or throw on top of a salad like croutons!