Protein-packed Nuts and Berries Parfait
Nut Butter, Berries, and Yogurt Parfait
I cannot stress what a staple this yogurt parfait has become in my household. It makes for the perfect snack, breakfast, or post-workout meal. It is loaded with protein, nuts, berries, and seeds. Talk about the perfect, real, nutrient-dense, delicious treat!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup plain, greek yogurt
- 1 handful frozen berries
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tbsp hemp or chia seeds (high in omega-3's)!
- 1 small handful of walnuts, cashews or almonds
- Drizzle of honey (optional)
- 1/2 scoop protein powder - I use Vega Protein and Greens (optional)
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 small handful of fresh berries
- Favorite chopped nuts or granola
Mix all of the ingredients together and top with your favorite toppings! If I am looking to up my veggie intake, I will sometimes add 1/2 scoop of my protein and greens protein powder! YUMMY!
P.S. Add a little almond milk, 1 handful of spinach, and some ice to a blender, and this would make for a great smoothie as well!