Sweet & Savory Roasted Stuffed Acorn Squash
The Perfect Fall Dinner
With Fall just around the corner, I am definitely loving all the Fall vibes! I love the warm, comforting and grounding effects of Autumn produce, so today I am sharing one of my favorite, Fall recipes! Enjoy this satisfying, sweet and savory dish. It's perfect for those, cool crisp evenings, not to mention, it is packaged in a squash to make getting your veggies in easy-peasy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
- 2 Acorn squash (halved with seeds scooped out)
- 1 package sausage - I used elk sausage since it’s what we had + I know where it was sourced
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Rosemary, oregano, and salt and pepper for seasoning (I don’t tend to measure, usually just taste as I go - start with 1 tsp of each and go from there)
- Roast the squash halves at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until tender.
- Sauté all other ingredients, sausage separate from the veggies, until tender. Combine the sausage and veggies and scoop into the squash.
- Broil for another 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy an entire half to yourself.
*You can certainly make this recipe in bulk by cutting a few more acorn halves, especially if you are cooking for your whole family or would like leftovers!