Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: ~25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yields: 5 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato or 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 ½lb ground turkey or breakfast sausage (optional)
- ½ yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 head of broccoli (chopped)
- 2 cups spinach (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 10 eggs (preferably pasture-raised) whisked
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dill (optional - I just love the flavor dill adds to eggs)!
- Black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x12 baking dish.
Toss cubed sweet potatoes in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place sweet potatoes on foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until soft.
While waiting for the sweet potatoes to bake, place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add ground turkey or breakfast sausage, yellow onion, garlic, broccoli and red peppers. Cook until meat is browned and fully cooked. You may also choose to make this a vegetarian dish.
Place meat mixture in baking dish, add sweet potatoes and spinach then add eggs along with salt, dill, and garlic powder and mix until well combined.
Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until eggs are set in the middle.
Allow to cool and enjoy or store up to 4 or 5 days in your fridge!