Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 large, ripe avocado (halved, pitted and scored)
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Nutritional yeast (optional)
- 4 slices of whole grain, sourdough or whole wheat bread
- 1 clove garlic
- Olive oil or butter (to spread on the toast)
Scoop out the avocado and mash with a fork in a small bowl. I prefer mine a little chunky, but mash until desired texture is achieved.
Toast the bread until browned and crisp. Rub 1 side of each slice with the cut side of the garlic until fragrant (you could chop the leftover garlic and throw in your avocado mash if you would like)!
Lightly brush the toasts with oil or butter, and season with fine salt and pepper. Divide the mashed avocado evenly among the toasts, and top with more flaky sea salt, more black pepper and red pepper flakes and nutritional yeast if you would like.
Easy-peasy! Enjoy for breakfast, lunch or a quick, wholesome snack!