Positively Perfect Pepper and Lemon Salmon with Cauliflower Rice
Lemon Pepper Salmon
- 2, 4oz salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First, prep salmon by patting with a paper towel to remove moisture. Then, season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place 2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil and 1 tablespoons minced garlic into a skillet and set over medium/high heat. Place salmon skin side up in the pan and sear for 4 minutes. Flip salmon and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until barely pink in the middle.
- Once flakey and cooked, squeeze 1/2 lemon on top of salmon and sprinkle with fresh dill.
- Store leftovers in fridge.
- 1 medium head, chopped small, about 1/2 inch pieces
- 1-2 tsp. olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch salt (plus more as needed)
- 1 pinch black pepper (plus more as needed)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Place the chopped cauliflower in a blender or food processor and pulse on low speed until a rice like consistency is formed.
- Heat a pan on the stove top to medium heat. Add the oil to coat the bottom. Next add the garlic, and let cook for 30-60 seconds until fragrant, than add the cauliflower rice. Add salt, black pepper, and water, mix will then lay out flat on the pan and let cook for 7 minutes, until the cauliflower is soft.
- To serve, spoon a heaping portion of cauliflower rice on the plate, top it with lemon juice or lemon zest if desired, then place salmon filet on top. Serve with extra lemon wedges for a pretty twist!