Veggie-Packed Pasta Salad
Veggie-packed Pasta Salad
This pasta salad is the perfect, summer side dish or great for a grab-and-go lunch! Loaded with veggies and smart, healthy carbs, it will leave you feeling satisfied and energized!
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 8 ounces uncooked tricolor spiral pasta or whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots or whole carrots chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced or 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced or 1-2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced or 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 pinches of salt
- 1 to 2 pinches of black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese or Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar or honey (optional)
- You may choose to add grilled chicken if you are not vegan or vegetarian
Cook pasta according to package. While the pasta is cooking, combine the all the vegetables, balsamic vinegar, basil, oil, honey or sugar (optional), parsley, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into vegetable mixture. Add Nutritional Yeast or Parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving. Use as a delicious side or a quick lunch. Refrigerate leftovers and use all week!